30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Parents forcing for marriage. help urgent.

my girlfriend doesn't want to get married, neither to me or not to anyone else.  she does not believe in marriage institution.  her father is forcing her for marriage continuously for last 2 years.  now started emotional blackmailing that if her mother dies she will be responsible.   she is 25 and working and want to do mcom from mumbai university.    what she can do to get rid of her father and live life peacefully.  she asked me as a last resoult.  please help me guys.  its urgent.  

thanks in advance.


 10 Replies


Her Father is forcing her to marry whom ? to you or Someone else?

Brother Keep one thing in Mind, this is India, Women Favoured Nation. Let her stay on her own. Speak to her father. God forbid if her Mother dies or anything happen to anyone. you will be in the Cirlce of Doubt being BF.

E.g. If your girl Slaps you, Law will say you have harrassded her, If you Slap her even to push her away from Wrong doing. You are doing Cruelty on your Girl.

Before Marriage Read Dowry laws 498a, DV Act and Act Accordingly.

1 Like

ajay sethi (lawyer)     04 January 2012

your girl friend has to make her own decision . she is adult 25 years old . she has to take a call . if she dosent want to marry and remain a spinster it is her call . she can refuse to bow to her parents demands for marriage . she cannot be rid of her father . parents are well wihsers of their children . let her make her own decision and dont interfere in her family problems

1 Like


agree with ajay 

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 January 2012

Mr. Ajay Sethi has given a wise and practical advice.

This is a matter between father and daughter. The daughter wants to be post graduate and aptly qualified and thus self sufficient in today's competitive world. Highly qualified and financially self sufficient female bring strength and stability to the parents and in laws.

The education and exposure helps to develop the personality. Let her convince her father and expand her horizons. The father and daughter and mother shall eventually understand and make up with each other.

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     05 January 2012

just keep urself away from this mess !!

1 Like



"Wise advise with Great Wisdom " :)

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     05 January 2012

she asked me as a last resoult.  please help me guys.


she seeking ur help - u seeking our help !!

funny ha !!

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     05 January 2012

dont try to help her !!

better deny help rather than later being helpless !!

1 Like


Better read some information on " Triya Charitra " before makin an decesion !!!

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     05 January 2012

Is your girl only child of her parents? Is she the eldest child? Has she got grown up brothers? What do the brothers say?  Why does she want to get rid of her father but want to save her mother? Does her father harrass her mother? If so ask her to make a 498A complaint to the Police. They will get rid of her father and she can happily live unmarried ever after with her mother. Ask her to assure her mother that she will look after her. And once the father is out  ask her to be careful and not to leave any gun, knife, rod, rope. gas, kerosine, insecticide etc. at home. My list is not complete. Consult the superintendent of the nearest jail. He will complete the list for you. Good luck for you and your Platonic girl friend.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query