Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailesh (Businessman)     02 August 2021

Paid training fees to an employment agency but turned out to be fraud. police not taking enough actions.

An employment agency in Delhi, Kirti Nagar in the year 2020 had taken my interview by a lady HR. They asked Rs. 3,500/- for training fees in Axis Bank and asked me to join on coming Monday. I paid them from my BOI debit card.

However, they did not call me and nor did they receive any calls from my side either. When I tried calling the lady HR then the message I heard was an IVR saying that incoming call is not available in this number and it will be resumed post recharge. When I sent her a WhatsApp message then it was just sent, not delivered. I also tried to call another lady (the one who saw my profile in naukri dot com and gave me the address) but she didn't react to my message even when she saw it.
I however, had got the receipt of the payment which was signed by that guy.

Few months later, I visited the agency and found out that the office was closed. When I inquired from the outsiders and passerbys then they told me that the person had been arrested and had taken money from many other guys. He was later released on bail.

I went to the nearby area Police Station and gave a written complaint (Not FIR) and after 2-3 days I got a SMS in my mobile that I have been allotted a complaint number and an Inquiry Officer has been assigned for this investigation.

The personnel, a Head Constable after few days said that he visited the office but found nothing so he closed the case. It's very ridiculous because any guy with common sense can think that for investigation, the lady HR's mobile number can be the first clue and she could be traced out. Also, when it is already stated that he had duped many other people then it's not difficult to identify and nab him.

I also read another case of a guy who was duped by them in November, 2019. I asked him and he told me the same story. When they asked for a feedback then I gave them 0 out of 5 in satisfaction, i.e. completely dissatisfied.

What can be done for recovering my money?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register