Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ferns   30 January 2018

Pagdi system law

Hi,

I have 3 auties who are my Dad's sister and unmarried and have 2 rooms in a pagdi system building. In which 1 aunty has being registered in both rooms and 2 aunties have being registered in 1 room each. 1 aunty has already expired who was registered in both rooms without making a will. But when 2 aunties were alive they have made a will on my name before 1 aunty died and now only 1 aunty is living.

Now 1 aunty who is alive wants to talk to the landlord to transfer both the rooms in my name. My question is

1. Will the landlord transfer it in my name without any charges as my aunties has made a Will on my name?

2. If the landlord has to charge for transfer in my name how much is the charge as per Pagdi System Law?

3. If the landlord does not want to transfer in my name and waits for the 3rd aunty to expire will i able to stay in those 2 rooms as the Will is in my name?

4. Even if i stay as per the Will given to me will the landlord vacate me from those 2 rooms?

Thanking you in Advance

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 January 2018

The legislators demanded giving ownership rights to such tenants so that such structures can be redeveloped. They also demanded giving them 500sq ft flats in the redeveloped building. Referring to the dilapidated conditions of these buildings, the legislators wanted the government to issue an ordinance to this effect. The committee would be asked to look if any amendment can be made in the law to give tenants ownership rights. It however added that the dispute between landlord and tenants is already before a nine-member bench of the Supreme Court.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 February 2018

What is this Pagdi System Law?

You seem to be making reference to some Rent Control Act.

Look into the provisions as in your state.

Which state IT is?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register