LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Basheer Abdullah (TEAM LEADER SALES)     22 July 2012

Ownership title deed lost - coop. housing society

My father has a flat in Versova in a Cooperative Housing Society but unfortunately lost the Ownership Title Deed. He lost several things which was in his briefcase in an airport check-in counter at Mumbai. Although, he resided only very little time there and mostly the flat was on rent and seldom he used to get rent because he had entrusted this to one of the former Secretaries of the Society. He had filed an FIR at that time claiming he lost many things including the above Ownership Title Deed. We presume there was some foul play and it was intentionally done by a known person since my father was old. Just one year back my father died and also my mother also breathed her last just a little before. My question: Is there any way we can get the Title Deed from the Registrar and kindly guide me the process involved. I am visiting Mumbai in the 1st week of August and would like to find a solution to settle this matter without going into any litigation. Please help me out. We are five children and I will be representing all with a POA.

Learning

1 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     22 July 2012

yes you can get the copy of tittle deed from the office of registrar by just submitting a application on this behalf and marginal fee alonwith copy of the fir .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register