LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maddy (Engineer)     21 June 2014

Old sale deed lost...

Hello Good Morning,

We have lost an old sale deed document which is also called as link document for our property. What is the procedure to get a replacement or an equivalent value document. Please let me know if I can provide more information. Thanks.


 5 Replies

Maddy (Engineer)     21 June 2014

I understand the old procedure is to Lodge a police complaint and issue a public notice in Two major news papers. But police is not issuing a complaint as too many cases coming up on lost documents.  Thanks.

Maddy (Engineer)     22 June 2014

Any help please...

Adv. Dhamale (Lawyer)     23 June 2014

U already know the process.

Since it is a link document, have a declaration from the owner/previous owner about the same nt used for lien/mortgag. 

How old is the doc and after that how many transfer took place and how many yrs gone by  is also relevent.

If local police not taking the complaint, u can write to SP/CoP. See if u get certified copy or an entry confirmation from the Registrar off.  

Note org is org. If u r selling, check with purchaser as to on what he will be satisfied.

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     23 June 2014

you can obtain certified copy from sub registrar.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     24 June 2014

1.  Complain to police

2.  Publish through News Paper

3.  Get Non- Tracable certificate from police

4.  Apply for certified copy from the Registrar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register