LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Family Guy (b)     15 December 2013

Obtaining employment details through high commission

If a respondent is working in a foreign country, and is hiding his employment details and address of residence... and there is information that he has duly registered himself with the Indian High Commission there, if the petitioner approaches the High Commission furnishing registration details, is the High Commission bound to give out the details of the individuals employer/residence address?


Also, does this kind of information come under RTI, if filed?


Thanks in advance...


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 December 2013

Indian High Commission in a foreign country will not respond to the RTI query.   An individual cannot compel the authority abroad to furnish the information individually but it may approach the concerned authority with an application here in India with the justifiable reasons for the information sought, or approach the court of law for a direction to the concerned authority to obtain and furnish the information sought as per the laid down procedures.

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     27 December 2013

in the present case indian high commission is not bound to respond to RTI querry,.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads