LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sucheta Pawar   04 December 2021

Obstacle in education

I am a 20 year old female. I married to a person with my own decision and left my house with all my things. After knowing this my family members came and did mental harrasment. Due to this my in-laws called the police. The police officers made them understand and told to go away but they created nuisance outside the police station. They snached away my documents, laptop, books, money, clothes everything thing forcefully. I need my documents and books to complete my college. I asked for it directly but they aren't responding. Can I put a case against them for putting obstacles in my education?


 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 December 2021

First issue a notice through Advocate demanding for returning of all documents as listed, and warn them that a police complaint has to be lodged against them if the documents are not returned within a week from date of receipt of the notice you will be constrained to file a complaint before Police and Womens' Commission.. Invariably list the names of those witnesses that evidenced the incident with such date of incident and time.

Then make a police complaint at the PS where they have taken away the qualification documents, provide a list of documents extorted, list of witnesses, place, date, and time of the incident, and enclose a copy of the notice given to the parents.

1 Like

Anaita Vas   04 December 2021

Send your family members a legal notice stating that you want your books, documents, laptop and other things back. Also state that if they don't return is within a stipulated time frame, you'll be compelled to lodge a police complaint against them.

Your problem also comes under the purview of mental harrasment which is defined in Chapter XXA of I.P.C. under Sec. 498A.



Anaita Vas

Sucheta Pawar   04 December 2021

But the one stopping me from education is my own mother
what case can I put for it ?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 December 2021

Provisions of Section 498A IPC is not applicable to book your parents.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 December 2021

you are not getting these artiles without police help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register