Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FrustuNRI (Manager)     27 January 2010

NRI Divorce

Hi All...

I am an NRI and got married in India in October 2009. I flew back abroad in November with the intent of getting my wife there as soon as the paperwork relating to the same was over. However, over the last 4 months that she has been living with my parents, she has been nothing but a nuisance, and 3 weeks ago she has moved to her parents place.

My parents and hers have had several mediation meetings since which have been proved fruitless and does not wish to comply with even the basic etiquette of our household.

I am quite sure that I would not like to continue my marriage with her, and from our conversations it seems like she would be ok with that as well. I would however, really appreciate it if all the esteemed members of this forum would help me with your suggestions on how to go about the process of divorce by mutual consent and contest in such a case:

1) I am living abroad

2) She has moved to her parents place without informing me

3) Mediation meetings are not working

4) No legal action is taken from either side, though I am constantly worried about her filing something under 498A against my family in India (though there are actually no grounds for this, she is not really an honest person)

5) She is working and earning... (how would this impact alimony)

6) There were no substantial gifts from her side of the family and I bore all the expenses of the wedding, her jewellry etc

6)  We have been married for approximately 4 months...

Thanks and Regards

Frustu NRI

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register