Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Now,women can also be booked under DV Act,as per SC ruling

Page no : 2

Kiran (nil)     09 February 2011

@Tajobindia - nothing can help a wrong man & his family. Remember this .

1 Like

Kiran (nil)     09 February 2011

@ Ashutosh ji - i wonder, you are lawyer and you think that just husband and their family is suffering, what about the wives, who are kicked from their matrimonial house, their husbands keep dying for remarriages, such husbands doesn't even care for their kids, and doesn't give a single penny. What will you say about such ruthless husbands.

I pity, MALE CHAUVINISM

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     09 February 2011

Now women can also be booked under DV Act as per SC ruling

- a very good news. today's daughter in law, tomorrow's mother in law.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     09 February 2011

such husbands doesn't even care for their kids, and doesn't give a single penny

- why they did such anti nature attitude, will be known when that husband will appear.

here we see only one side of the coin.

Ambika (NA)     09 February 2011

That remains tru for almost all posts Arup Ji. We see men asking for advice, but we do not hear form their couter parts, do we? 

(Guest)

The DV act clearly mentions that the aggrieved person can make the "relatives" of husband respondent.So where's the confusion?Does "realtive" mean a male?

Nuno Noronha (Lawyer)     21 February 2011

@ Avinash Kaur: Without going into the merits of your contentions, in my considered opinion your statement regarding the judiciary is ex facie contemtuous.

Nuno Noronha (Lawyer)     21 February 2011

In my considered opinion the ruling gives the right interpretation of the proviso of section 2 (q) which reads:

"respondent" means any adult male person who is, or has been, in a domestic relationship with the aggrieved person and against whom the aggrieved person has sought any relief under this Act:

Provided that an aggrieved wife or female living in a relationship in the nature of a marriage may also file a complaint against a relative of the husband or the male partner;

Thus it can be seen that the defination of a Respondent under section 2 (q) has a proviso which widens the scope of who should be a Respondent when it says that a complaint can be filed against a relative of the husband. Here the gender of relative is not mentioned and if the legislature had intended to exclude a female person from the purview of the DV Act then it would have expressly done so.

Hence the ruling is sound in law notwithstanding the fact that the DV Act could be misused to harass innocent in-laws.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     21 February 2011

it's good there are provisions to include female relatives also,since max. taunts,comments,jealousy,emotional dramas are mainly dun by conniving mum inlaws for gaining son's attention and sympathy of foolish blind relatives......blinded by "becharapan " of these so called "mothers" of sons.

otherwise they wud be having a gala time,after adequately showing their power on innocent daughter inlaws.

they need to be taught some good strong lessons by law.

Ramakrishnan.V (Lawyer)     04 September 2011

As per the Supreme Court's ruling when a femal can be made as a respondent because of the defination clause and the word aggreived person, and domestic relationship having been defined the mother-in-law if subjected to domestic violence by daughter in law the mother in law can lodge the complaint against the daughter in law because the act has been framed for the purpose of protection of women from domestic violence.  If the act intended to protect only daughter in law or the wife alone it is in violation of article 14.

V.Ramakrishnan.

revolutionary (NA)     04 September 2011

Meenal Ji

How could this be equality of s*xes one guys cant implicate women under the same law?

Ramakrishnan.V (Lawyer)     05 September 2011

Respected Revolutionary,

This act intended to protect women but if it is only to protect the daughter in law and not the mother in law, will it not be violation of the equal protection of law and equality before law as contemplated under article 14 of the Indian Constitution?

manish tiwari (lawyer)     10 May 2012

dear, can i get the reference of citation of above said case. i need it urgently

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     10 May 2012

unfortunately this girl meenal,whom you are referring to,for getting the citation, is no more now.she's expired

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register