Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

josh777_123 (n/a)     31 December 2017

Notary rental agreement in mumbai. is pan must for notary ?

1) Recently I selected an new apartment in mumbai for rent. But the main broker ( from owner side) is insisting for PAN copy for doing the notary rental agreement. I have given the copy of driving license ( which includes photo ID and proof of address) which I feel is sufficient for rental agreement ( last year I did registration of rental agreement using my driving license with my past owner).

I like know whether PAN is compulsory/mandatory for notary rental agreement in Mumbai ????

2) I have given  Rs 30,000 as security deposit  in cash  through my broker  to the owner's broker  and my broker promised  that I will get possesion of the flat on the basis of the security deposit. Now the owner's broker is saying I must give him the first month advance rent to him in cash and if i dont provide that he will not give me the possession of the flat which was not agreed before I made the security deposity payment. Can the owner's broker refused to handover the possesion of the flat on new condition mentioned at the last momenet just before my current rental agreement is expiring on 31/12/2017 and I have to vacate the flat 31/12/2017.

I am in a very tight position now and I dont know how to deal with the owner's broker intimidating behaviour. Even he has  not introduced me to him owner. Just giving some and other execuses.

I want to exit from this deal but I am afraid he may not return the security deposit or delay it or may deduct some money out of it

Thanks

Josh

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 January 2018

What is hitch/ problem/ reservation in non-supply of PAN card for endorsement in the rent agreement?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     01 January 2018

PAN card is necessary for the registration of a Leave & Licence document.

josh777_123 (n/a)     01 January 2018

trying to avoid giving PAN due to misuse concerns. Ready to provide if it is mandatory by law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register