Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HANAMANT NIRALGIKAR (Dy.Manager)     29 December 2010

Not Getting Relieving Letter

Dear Experts,

My wife is serving as lecturer in self financed engineering college in gujarat for last 3 years. Now she has resigned (on 14.12.2010 and asked for relieving on 28.01.2010) from her job for better opportunity. Her appointment letter does not mention anything about notice period nor has she signed any kind of bond. Inspite of this the college is asking her to serve for 3 months or in lieu pay 1.5 months salary considering 3 months notice period for giving her relieving letter. Can any body guide us as is there any rule in Gujarat Technical University which states that the notice period is 3 months and that need not be mentioned in appointment letter ? Also her new employer would require a releiving letter from her current college.

She is now under mental tension and what further action can we take if college denies her relieving letter.

Learning

1 Replies

feroz (Surveyor)     30 December 2010

dear all

please assist me, I have resigned from my present employer giving notice period of 1month against 3months notice period as per appointment letter. I have asked to releave me from my servies, but my reporting manager is not ready to relieve me, I have also agreed to pay the compensation for 3 months notice laps but they are not listening to releave . on other hand I have spoken to HR he has no problem but should be approved by Manager

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register