LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesha (None)     05 January 2020

No parking fine imposed even though board was not in place


Yesterday I was fined for parking violation. There were no No Parking boards and when I told him about this, office says entire road was notified as no parking zone due to on going construction. how can I know this? I am from different place. I did not have any choice and paid the fine.

But I would like to fight in case it is possible. I took the photograph of the location where I parked the vehicle. It was not obstructing any vecle and no parking board was not there. Where should I complain this? If they do not address the issue, can I approach consumer forum for this? Going to court would be a waste of time and money in this case.


 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 January 2020

Forget these petty incidents if you want mental peace and continue your journey.  If you are concerned about other citizens make a grievance to the Police Commissioner about lack of such display boards.   File RTI to the corporation and seek a number of NO PARKING DISPLAY boards on such and such Road, after personally supervising for such boards.  Ignorance of the law is no excuse and if there are ttwo or three boards of NO PARKING stating the jurisdiction it is sufficient to warn.  Some police have attitude problems and lack of understanding and one can not convince such persons.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 January 2020

Before acceptance of fine imposed you should have moved to concerned Court.

However, if you feel strong to initiate any action against traffic police it is advisable to contact and consult a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts, professional advise and proceeding, without waiting for obligation of experts on this platform. .


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 January 2020

Even though you have paid the fine amount, you may obtain information about the zone whether it has been notified as no parking zone or not and on the basis of the information, if you confirm that it has not been notified as no parking zone, then you may give a complaint against the cop who fined you on this, if no action is taken by the department concerned against the officer then you may file a writ petition seeking direction to the top police to initiate proper legal action against the erring officer.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register