Who said her life has been ruined? She 'happily married' a hardware engineer, after six months , in 2003 itself, while Munish Dalal and his Mother and aunt were languishing in jail for precious nine years. The Mother and aunt must have gone through extraordinary ordeal. This is typical-police just arrest anyone based on the word of the bride/ wife or anyone else! It takes less than 10 minutes to ruin multiple lives-while the bride, as in this case, typically continues to enjoy her life, as though nothing happened! Look at the picture of her sitting in front of the 'wedding gifts'. The bride side planned the lavish weddings and then after hogging the limelight both nationally and internationally,then quietly marries another guy in a hush hush ceremony? This case is typical.But not many husband's family are fighting to undo the injustice. This is due to a corrupt system, expenses for bail and other things, loss of job, reputation etc. This family has fought bravely as has several others who have been acquitted against all odds. The cases are fought by the government ( with all the money, manpower, power and other resources) on the wife/ bride/DIL side while the husband/bridegroom 's side fight alone with their own meagre resources. The odds are overwhelming. Yet the Dalals have fought this.That is amazing! It shows the resilience of these people to fight against extreme odds. Now there may be an appeals process-which the Dalals have to contend again.The battle is not over yet.
In the words of Neil Armstrong (with a twist) 'It is a big step for Dalals but a much larger step for 'man'kind!
A few things to notice:
1) The wedding was in trouble- for acts of the bride in the past.
2) This came to light due to the bride's 'boyfriend' showing up at the wedding.
3) The boyfriend's presence put the character of the girl in question in front of her relatives and family. DDSharma appears to have covered up and cheated Mr Dalal and family-who despite her boyfriend's call continued with the wedding, as opposed to cancelling it!
4) The bride's reputation was at stake. Her future life was at stake. Who is going to have the will to marry someone whose family hides and cheats? And who would marry a bride who has hidden her past?
5) Hence the bride uses the easy and powerful weapon'the 'women empowerment laws'. The government machinery gets involved to unleash tyranny against common citizens.
6) The bride hogs the limelight as the new heroine, superwoman-cuddled by national and international media.
7) The bride quietly marries away from the limelight, while the hapless groom's side languishes under the onslaught of a corrupt system!
8) Now, the bride is a wife of another and this loss is a serious problem, now in her 'married' life.She has now a fate where she will fall from being hero to zero and even a villain. How is her standing going to be in the household she is in? To prevent this debacle and reversal of fortunes, the Sharma's have one alternative, that is to drag this case! They will appeal against the verdict, not so much because they are wronged, but to save their reputation.But this will be at the cost of Dalal family.
The appeal will drag on for a few more years.The ordeal continues for Dalals. If they win the appeals they would have lost some more precious time and money.
How is the system going to compensate them?