LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (Hr)     09 October 2010

Need Help

My Mother is an owner of the Property. On 30th Aug she sold her property to B. She took the earnest amount(Bayana) at the same day. We got 10 % of the total amount. However we took 5% only. We explained them that we would tell the time of the next payments and they have to pay it within 15 days.  As no payment plan or partial payment  was  discussed verbally and in writing at the time of bayana. We took 5 months time to give them the possession.

On 20 sept i told the dealer to convey the message to B for some payment. And now they are making excuses for the payment. However, finally they have conveyed that at time of possession they would make lions share of the payment. Prior to this they were ready to pay the partial amount.  Now they are not sure when they are going to pay the partial amount.

As a seller I had the verbal commitments with the dealer and the buyer that they would pay the amount in equal installments at the regular interval of time. Now they are failed to fullfil their commitments and making excuses.

We want the payments on regular intervals and they are simply denying it.  As they are looking for their convenience or so. If we walk out from this agreement(bayana) what will be the consequences for us. As they are failed to fulfil their verbal commitments.

Learning

5 Replies

ESTHERPRIYA (Practising Advocate)     09 October 2010

You have to put everything in written and get it signed with a clause that in case of any failure what will be the remedies. Oral agreements are not at all accepted in law in India.

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     10 October 2010

when you did sell deed there hv some point when & how that person give money and there also have some remedies if that person failed that what can you do there already mention. you have that sell deed read carefully & if u need some help than you contact wid  a good lawyer.

Shrey Aggrawal (student)     11 October 2010

Hello sir,

plz suggest me... Sir mere prbaba (great grandfather) ne 1948 main plain white paper pr apni will lekhi. jo gov. water paper na ho kr plain paper par lekhi hai aur will registerd bhe nhi hai. kya es stage main ye will kanunan manya hoge.

Regards

Shrey Aggrawal

email adrs- shrieyaggrawal@gmail.com

Sambhunath Tiadi (Advocate & CEO of LJMMF)     24 October 2011

Sale deed is something, agreement is something.. If your mother has already sold, and and it is written in the sale deed that the full and final payment has been received, thean it is difficult to recover the amount..If there is an aggreement and it is agreed by the piurchaser to pay the amount on instalment basis,then you have got legal right to collect the balance amount. See the specific clauses and let me know details to comply your case. Your land means you most got your amount. If required, you have to file FIR against the purchaser, if he has not paid the totoal amount. Keep touch with the witnesses,who have put their signatures in the sale deed and agreement at time of execution. Do not commit any further mistakes in future. Always read the clause of agreement and contents of any evidentary documents. Your agreement and saledeed if any comes under trhe purview of evidenary documentgs,which will be produced before court for adjudication...do not move to court..try to collect it by applying your brain..

Dr R K Pandey (Retired person)     25 November 2012

Dear Sir,

I need the help /answer on the following problem.

My  friend  made a conveyance deed for a plot in November 2012 at Gurgaon. On the receipt of stamp duty issued by the State Bank of India her name is correctly mentioned.

However there is a typographical error  and  on the next page the write up reads as  Ms AB Sharma D/o Rakesh Kumar Sharma which is wrong. The correct version is Ms AB Sharma W/o Rakesh Kumar Sharma Thus  in the deed word “D” has to be replaced by word ”W” Till now, no other mistakes have been noticed so far

What are the problems if this correction is not done? .How this correction can be made so that the deed is valid.Does this procedure requires the presence of sellor/vendor in the court again.

Dear Sir,

My  friend  made a conveyance deed for a plot in November 2012 at Gurgaon. On the receipt of stamp duty issued by the State Bank of India her name is correctly mentioned.

However there is a typographical error  and  on the next page the write up reads as  Ms AB Sharma D/o Rakesh Kumar Sharma which is wrong. The correct version is Ms AB Sharma W/o Rakesh Kumar Sharma Thus  in the deed word “D” has to be replaced by word ”W” Till now, no other mistakes have been noticed so far

What are the problems if this correction is not done? .How this correction can be made so that the deed is valid.Does this procedure requires the presence of sellor/vendor in the court again.

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

R K Pandey

rkpandey42@yahoo.co.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register