LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swarup (Consultant)     03 April 2011

Name change of kid on school certificates

Hello, is there any affidavit for changing my kid's name? i am planning to get married with a divorced lady, and it's the time of admission of our kid in a new school. my kid's last name follows her first DAD's name. though we don't have enough time to get married and follow all legal procedures before her new admission, so i wanted to know how should i deal with this situation? is there any affidavit i can get from any lawyer stating we'll get marry soon and though we have lack of time so we want our kid's name to get changed on school certificates for new admission?

Please guide me. it's very urgent.

Thank you for all your guidance.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 April 2011

Mere by filing an affidavit you cannot change the name of the kid.  Just enter your name in the father's name column.

If you want to the change the name of the father then you will have to file a suit for declaration and injunction by followingu/s 80 of CPC

Swarup (Consultant)     03 April 2011

Thank you Mr. Rajeev for your valuable information, though i can understand simply filling an affidavit won't work out, but in this scenario can we have any affidavit from any lawyer only to change her name in school certificates? though i know procedures how to change the name in her birth certificate ligally, but that process will take a long which we can not afford in this point of time as i have mentioned before the problems. Is there any way i can change her name on her school certificates.

Your guidance and opinions are highly valuable. Thank you again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register