LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar Gour (A Visitor of this Forum)     12 November 2019

Mother-in-law made party by daughter-in-law

Mother-in-law has been made pary in domestic violence case along with her son and husband by daughter-in-law.

Mother-in-law says as she has no role in the quarells in husband and wife and she has seperated them three years ago from their matrimonial home.  Both husband wife are living in rented accommodation and have big quarells between them.

How can mother-in-law and her husband  move an application in the court to get themselves relieved from the case.

Kindly suggest.




 6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 November 2019

They should file a writ petition and chalneg the FIR

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 November 2019

Any submissions must be through process of written submissions to expert advocates without taking any risks.

1 Like

SUNIL KUMAR (apprentice)     13 November 2019

Agreed with learned counsel Sh Prasad Ji
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 November 2019

Let your mother file reply in the Court.

It is advisable to consult your (or someone else local prudent) lawyer with facts/document of the case of proper appreciation, guidance and proceeding. 

1 Like

Sagar Gour (A Visitor of this Forum)     16 November 2019

Dear Vashista Sir

Thanks for your kind reply, kindly update me if my mother can move an application for permanent exemption of personal appearance before filing of Written statement?


P. Venu (Advocate)     02 December 2019

The proceedings  under DV act is not a criminal trial. It is sufficient if she engages an advocate and files her statement. She need attend court only if specifically required.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register