LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Umesh Khanna (CEO)     19 December 2013

Money decree against a pvt ltd co.

We have a execution decree against a pvt .ltd firm , the directors have incorporated new 

pvt ltd companies to siphon profits and reroute sale to evade the decree, and reduce financial

 strength of the parent company, the new firms are inter trading to siphon funds, can we appeal

 in high court  for directors and other firms to be judgment debtors along with the parent company/

 its urgent , please guide.


 5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 December 2013

The directors of other firms cannot be held liable for the debts of this company, but individually they can be held for the debts. If the funds of the debtor company is being utilised by the other company, then that company may be brought on records for further course of legal action in this regard.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     20 December 2013

You can recover the  decreetal amount from   the property of directors of judjment debtor company  they are   jointly and personally liable with company to pay the decreetal amount.It is immetarial that they have incorporated another new company.  

Umesh Khanna (CEO)     20 December 2013

Sir , Thats the problem one of our esteemed lawyers has said we can recover from directors , the other has said no we cant  ,, that is my problem ,,,,,one of the sister concerns are inter trading up to 80 % of sales within themselves.. and directors have same office and residence offices and are relatives

Umesh Khanna (CEO)     20 December 2013

sorry in fact  to add ,  one of directors of the JD firm are also directors of sister concerns  same in all the firms , 

Siddharth Kulkarni (Legal Advisor)     20 December 2013

dear friend,

you can move to high court for seeking relief on the basis of piercing of corporate veil. the amount can't be recovered from individual directors unless the doctrine of corporate veil applied by the high court.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads