LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raajeev Sampat. (Self employed.)     23 June 2013

Minor's bank account.

Can income tax department attach and freeze bank accounts of minor children if the guardian in the childrens bank account 's has tax liabilities.Kindly advise.


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 June 2013

No as per my knowledge minor''s bank account  cannot be freezed,

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     23 June 2013

As per as my knowledge the answer is no

CA Ravindra Sharma (Partner)     24 June 2013

As the a/c of minor is opened for his benefit Income of Minor is included in the hand of the parent of the minor who has the liability to pay tax on same. Thus the minor's a/c cannot be freezed the a/c of minor

Vineet (Director)     24 June 2013

No, minor is a separate person and his account cannot be attached to recover tax liability in the hands of father.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads