LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arya21   01 February 2024

Metal illness - 125crpc

I have been taking mental therapy for the past six months. And taking medications for my mental health. 

I live in a foreign country and she lives in India. She threatens me to file dowry and domestic violence case against my mother and brother. And she also asks for 85 lakhs to settle in court. 

my question is, if I prove that I have been on mental illness medication for the past six months and show the receipts. I don't have a stable job now and working in a low income job and may be I will lose this too due to my condition soon. 

will court accept my mental problems as a reason to leave me from 125crpc maintenance and alimony settlement ? 

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     01 February 2024

Well maintenance is right of your spouse and children, if you failed to maintain them that is a criminal act. Now your illness may  get you emotional mercies but what actually matters is your earning. The award of maintenance is directly proportional to your income. It is much advised to settle the issue amicably and with support of your social leanings.

Your wife can make trouble to your family members by filing complaints/ cases under different sections and acts.

arya stark   16 February 2024

I am also not sure if I can keep up with my job due to mental issues. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register