Meaning of a phrase frequently used in court judgments

Hello Everyone,

Can anybody please explain the meaning of the phrase, "Be it as it may" ?

I see this phrase often in Court Judgments.
What does this phrase mean ?
In what context it is used ?

Regards,
V S

proprietor

‚Äč

used to mean that you accept that a piece of information is true but it does not change your opinion of the subject you are discussing...1

from cmbridge dictionary

Total likes : 1 times

Hi,

The term is used a lot in judgments. It usually means that there is a factual piece of information you are referring to as the subject. Now this information can either be accepted by you of denied. It may even change your opinion on the case matter as whole. But when you are using this phrase "be it as it may", you are expressing that you are accepting that information, at least for now. Also, you are making it clear that you won't be prejudiced because of the information and will continue to judge in an impartial manner.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Hello,

In court it means that you accept that a piece of information is true but it does not change your opinionof the subject you are discussing

Example:

Building a new children's home will cost a lot of moneybut, be that as it may, there is an urgent need for the facility.

Agreeing to disagree in a sense like even though you comprehend a particular fact but you still have to do what it takes to get it done.

Thank you

Thanks for your helpful information. I have been struggling to find many questions about this issue. I will follow you! 8 ball

hello, Thank you so much for sharing this helpful information, it helped me alot Thanks and regards.:)

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x