LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymousss (study)     12 August 2022

Marriage based on fake education qualification

Dear Group

Thank you for your continuous support

I am a CA Aspirant at Final stage of the course and working as Accounting consultant for some start-ups. I was looking for a girl who is also CA stream whether qualified or pursuing CA-Final.

We got a match from our relatives where my some other relatives were mediating for this match. Girl and her family informed that the girl is a qualified CA and is working with MNC. On relying their statements we moved ahead with the match, when I inquired the girl about her qualification in person, she informed that she isn’t qualified CA but she is at CA-Final and will complete CA Final at any cost and she also mentioned that she got permission from her manager she currently working with for giving attempt to CA examinations.

In Feb 2022 our marriage solemnized, I asked for her certificates and details then she said her father burned her all certificates of CA stream before 3 years of our marriage but she or her family never mentioned about that, I said no problem we can recover all details with student registration number and she didn’t utter any word when I said that.

I contacted ICAI to retrieve her student registration number and succeeded in that and after logging into ICAI SSP portal it came to me shocking, she the girl whom I married based on her words about qualification stated as pursuing CA-Final is not even cleared very basic level in CA stream. She didn’t even cleared CPT. She registered for CPT in Jan 2014 her registration got lapsed in Jan 2017.

Her whole family involved in this fraud, please help me to get through this. My consent to this marriage based on the girls stream of education and level of education is same as to my stream and level of education.

I am unable to bear this cheater in my life. I came to the stage that " Its much better to stay single without marrying".

How can I get out of this marriage and can I file a case on in-laws and my wife.


 3 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     13 August 2022

If you can substantiate that she obtained your consent through misrepresentation, you can go for declaring your marriage null and void. Otherwise convince your wife to get mutually divorced.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 August 2022

Marriage is not a child's play. Once marriage is solemanised and consumated it is complete.

Did you marry a "girl" or "CA" ?

Did you verify statement of girl and her parents before finalisation of marriage especially qua her qualification?ut 

Although it is a crime commtted by the bride as well as her parents yet now (after marriage) circumstances have changed and you have to no alternative but to accept present situation, if you want to live in peace. 

1 Like


You have a good case and reach out @ 8297877977

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register