LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priyanka sarkar   29 December 2015

Marital status

I am filled a form  applying for a goverment exam and i dont wants to disclose about my marriage status so i have choosen marital status unmarried as our marriage was only court marriage and our family don't know about it.Will it create any problem in future in my job .

Learning

9 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     29 December 2015

No it will not create any problem but read carefully the terms and conditions of the job are they restrict the married ones for that post which you had filled for .

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     30 December 2015

Concealing  facts pertaining to Ur marriage that too perfomed in the court amounts to suppression of material facts when U are applying for a govt job.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 December 2015

agreeing with sainath ji

SUNIL KUMAR (apprentice)     30 December 2015

yes, 100% right guidance given by sai nath ji

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 December 2015

Supression of material facts not relevant to one's job is not an offence. But whether it was not relevant or not will be decided by the circumstances. It appears from your name that you are female. Only unmarried females are eligible for certain jobs.  Any way you are only applying for job. You have not got the job yet. If and when you get the job you will again be asked to give your personal details. There you write 'married'. That will be filed away and remain in Government records. Your family will not know about it. One day the whole world has to know and you have to face it. You must have known it already.

Reformist !!! (Other)     30 December 2015

100% right advise given by Mr.Sainath. 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     30 December 2015

Dr Ramani can U prove UR reply in the legal sense.I stand by my reply given above.Let the other legal experts also respond.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 December 2015

What do you want me to prove, my first sentence?  What is the meaning of proving in legal sense? Do you want me to quote some law?  Telling a lie by itself is not an offence. Telling a lie in order  to cause an illegal gain to oneself or an illegal loss to another is an offence. Only circumstances and developments in due course can show whether an illegal gain or an illegal loss had been caused in the particular case. If there is any specifc law or rule I shall be glad to be enlightened.

What I have wrtten further is more important. Writing something in job application and giving the same thing for the purpose of record are two different things. I have advised her not to do the latter. Government generally makes rules for the private lives of Government servants also. Whether those are legal or not  can  be decided only by a court of law. But this is never tested as it is formidable to engage the mighty Government in a court battle. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 January 2016

You may submit only the truthful statements in reply to each point.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register