LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dhiraj ahuja (Team Leader)     17 April 2014

Looking to get release passport

Hello Everyone,


i had a 498 & domestic violence cases against me from my wife in Surat (Gujarat). I had applied for an anticipatory bail which i got it was a conditional bail which i got & i had to submit my passport as per the conditional bail. now the judgement has been passed by the judge on April 5th 2014 and its in my favor as we did the settlement and case was been resolved. now i m planning to go to abroad for a week for travelling porpose on 28th April 2014 now how can i get my passport back from the court? plz guide me for the same asap.





 4 Replies

rising up again (FFF)     17 April 2014


sorry, cannot help u on ur case ..but have a question to ask !!!!


When was your passport impounded ??????? Was it after the DV / 498A ??? Does the law really treat the husband a criminal that it stops his freedom to travel out of the country ????

How can we ensure that the passport is'nt impounded ???????? any tips from your experience....??? 



dhiraj ahuja (Team Leader)     17 April 2014

my friend as i got the news that 498 has been filed against me right away i applied for the anticipatory bail & i got it but it was a conditional bail where i had to submit my passport & even i cant travel out of Gujarat without court's permission. i stay in ahmedabad so have to follow the rules as per the conditional bail.. yes as soon as u get the anticipatory bail u have to submit ur passport..... 

SeekAdvice India (NA)     17 April 2014

Need Free On-call Legal Advice.???

Just give a missed call on 08010201301(toll free)



India's first On-call legal advisor.

rising up again (FFF)     17 April 2014

thanks dhiraj... 

but is it always that the passport is submitted and i will not be able to go out of city without permissions ?  this absurd.... seriously, indian laws are blind... how can they keep strict restrictions on a husband who might have been blamed with false allegations ??????  

if there any way that we do not have to submit our passports.... !!!! plz do help...if u knw a way out.........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register