Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Lokayukta not acting on complaint given along with proof on corruption

Learned Member,

Require your valuble suggestions and inputs on complaint of corruption field in Lokayukta Karnataka along with necessary solid proofs, The Investigating Officer looking into the matter should have collected original documents and should have filed FIR on person found guilty, instead he is simply dodging the matter and wasting time, it has been 3 months since petition in Lokayukta was filed, Response he is giving is we have sent the notice to retrive the documents and for culprits but still they have not turned up, but the fact is documents have been collected and Investigating Officer is hand in gloves with the culprits and has been bribed.

Please give your suggestions on how to get the transparency on the investigation conducted  so far, where can i appeal, and how to go about in this matter, considering i am the complainant in the matter, do they repond to RTI?  


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2023

Section 20 of the Lokpal Act defines the procedure in respect of Preliminary Inquiry and Investigation. On receipt of a complaint, in order to ascertain whether there exists a prima facie case for proceeding in the matter, the Lokpal orders a Preliminary Inquiry in the matter. If prima facie allegations are substantiated by the preliminary inquiry report, the Lokpal seeks an explanation from the public servant (complained against) before ordering Investigation as per the provisions of the Lokpal Act.  

Alternatively, after considering the Inquiry Report, the Lokpal may also order initiation of departmental proceedings against the public servant. As per the Act, after considering the Investigation Report, the comments of the competent authority and the public servant are also to be obtained before granting sanction for filing a charge-sheet in the matter. 

ou can make a complaint:


  1. Every complaint shall be made in Form 1, signed by the Complainant and shall be supported by his affidavit in Form II duly sworn to before any Judicial Magistrate First Class, Notary Public, Oath Commissioner or any Gazetted Officer duly authorized to administer oaths.
  2. The complaint may be presented in person or sent by registered post to the Registrar. Such complaint shall be acknowledged by the Registrar specifying the name and designation of the public servant against whom such complaint is made.


Dear Sir,

Please let me know scenario of departmental enquiry, when the competent authority, is himself corrupt, as what ever corruption has happened with noting approval of competent authority. The matter was already raised to competent authority, Managing Diector, but he refuses to act, hence only coplaint has been raised in Lokayukta, yet nothing is happening, which raises doubts that weather there is justice in this country. All people are corrupt, there is no appealing authority. Please let me know, How to make this Lokayukta I/O to initiate action, on whatever he is supposed to do, and how do i find out what is happening in the matter(Transperancy of my Complaint and investigation)

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     14 July 2023

File writ petition before high court under Art 226 of the Constitution of India against inaction of investigating officer and seeking transfer of case to any other independent investigation agency.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More