LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Promit Chanda   14 July 2021

legal remedies?

Case: If a builder whose building is ready to move in but delaying to hand over the keys to owners even after full payments with no specific reasons to delay just giving illogical replies.
what's the next step in terms of legal action and remedies?
Comment below with your answer.


 2 Replies

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     14 July 2021

Dear Sir, 

The facts of your query suggest that you pre-booked a flat in a building which was under construction. Now the building is complete and all your payments have been duly made, but the builder is not handing over possession. Generally, all builder buyer agreements have a compensation clause in case of delay in handing over of possession. You may send a legal notice asking for the delay compensation under the agreement.  Send the notice through registered post and download the tracking report. 

There is a good chance the builder will not reply to your notice. In that case, you may file a complaint with RERA, if the project was liable to be registered with RERA. If not, then you may file a complaint with Consumer Court. 



Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh. 



Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance. 



Yombom Yomgam   14 July 2021

I appreciated your reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query