LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mercy (aa)     26 August 2011

Lawyer to represent will dispute

Can a NRI person dispute a "will" for an ancestrol property in India?

Can a lawyer represent an NRI person in court regarding property dispute?

It is not possible for NRI's to fly to India to come to court, so that being the case what is the solution?

He does not have any close friends or family members who want to represent the case.

In this case can a lawyer represent his case?


 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 August 2011

Yes you can challenge the will, for that you will have appoint a lawyer.  He can represent you in the court, but at the time of evidence  you have to be present before the court.

Mercy (aa)     26 August 2011

Sir, is there an option of someone to give evidence eg, friends, family members etc

G Krishna Rao (Advocate)     26 August 2011

Yes you can appoint an advocate to contest the case by giving Special Power of Attorney to contest the matter.  Your presence is required at the time of Trial i.e., to file evidence affidavit and cross examination.

1 Like

G Krishna Rao (Advocate)     26 August 2011

Yes there is an option someone of your family members who knows about the dispute well by way of executing a Special Power of Attorney in favour of the represented person on behalf of you.

1 Like


a lawyer can be repersentative of any client in the court but you have to give the special power of attorney to any person who is able to attaind the concern court.


advocate sanjay sharma

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register