Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshay (Software Enggineer)     30 December 2013

Late tax payment resulting in propoerty seize

Hi Sir/Madam,

My Mother(Senior Citizen) have purchased a flat in Bangalore,Karnataka in May,2012 from a builder.

Due to late payment of tax the builder is telling us that our flat has been seized/cancelled i.e we are not owner of house any more(as per builder).

Even though we have paid full amount for the flat which is still under construction. The builder is informing us that as per the Karnataka Value Added Tax Act and Service Tax Provision , they have cancelled the flat for not paying tax on time.

We have paid the tax in there office merely 8 days late. 28th November was last date as per builder and we have paid tax on 6th December. 

We have following Legal papers with us :

- Memorandum Of Understanding

- Agreement of Sale

- Construction Agreement.

Here my concern is :

- Is it possible to cancel/seize the house from a person who have not paid the tax on time,merely 8 days late. Can builder seize his property, is there any such law ??

- How much i understand ,the tax is a property of government which is paid with fine in case of late payment, for example in house tax. But the builder is telling us that since flat is still under construction, they are liable to cancel it.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Akshay Sarkar

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register