LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek (Service Engineer)     01 July 2013

Landlord not accepting rent

As per the Advice i got from this forum , My landlord was not accepting rent for April & may 

I have sent money order , which he refused & MO has been refunded , Should i do this Every Month That i have

sent & use this as proof , What is the next step should i take Or should i pay in court ?


 6 Replies

Neha Chowdhary (Law Officer )     01 July 2013


U can deposit cheque in his account or can send him rent thru court.



srinivas (Software engineer)     01 July 2013

Hellow Abhishek,

    If it possible can you tell why your LandLord is not accepting Rent.


Abhishek (Service Engineer)     01 July 2013

He says he wants to open a consultantcy - so he needs it - we are Tenant  of shop from 25 yrs ,  i have sub let the shop , My tenant wil Not vacate & i also dont want to give this shop back .

prakharved (Medical officer)     02 July 2013



You can give the payment through the court as has been suggested. But you should also keep in mind the fact that your landowner has plans of his own. This includes as you have mentioned, to open a consultancy. Therefore, one has to think if he would want to give up this plan. If he really does want to go ahead with it, he would look for ways to evict you out of his property. Therefore, i believe that you should look at the various legal rights that you have for having stayed there for the past 25 years and wanting to continue the possession of the property!


I suggest that you get a reliable advice from a Practicing property lawyer after telling him all the details about your case. One website that you can use is You can post a detailed query of yours outlining your pesent situation and the same would be answered by Property lawyers with large exerience in rent disputes. You would receve a written response along with information on the relevant laws and the options available to you in your situation. This would help you in taking an informed decision going forward.



Yadanand Legal help (maintenance divorce remarriage =     02 July 2013

No need to go after such publcity gimmicks as above.


Get a local advocate and he/ she  will solve your problem in very simple manner.

prakharved (Medical officer)     02 July 2013

@abhishek/ yadanand


If it is help from a local lawyer that you need, you could avail the same through You can book consultations with local lawyers from the website. It is the aim to connect people in need to legal help with reliable lawyers. The information of the lawyers present on the website help you make an informed decision in finding a lawyer. It reduces your work and stress of finding a lawyer. It is not a marketing gimmick, the testaments of people who have used the services would verify this.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register