Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRam (NA)     25 February 2014

Land in chennai

Hi

There is a family property which my father inherited from his father. The complete documents were in the name of my father. He expired on 1994. Post which, Myself, My Mother and My Sister are the legal heirs of this property. My father's brother had informed us that the property has been agreed to divide it equally between him and my father. Based on his words, we had agreed to release the property of his share. i.e .1/2. He had informed us that he will prepare the release deed for his share but finally he made it as a Sale and executed Sale Deed during 2006. We haven't noticed the same and he had also mentioned that 15 lakhs has been given as a sale consideration as well.

Now we had realized and other relations had informed us that the property belongs to my father and he doesn't have any right.

I would like to know whether under any circumstances the sale deed can be revoked. Kindly help us to get our father's property.

Thanks in advance for your kind response.

Learning

4 Replies

shanmugam lakshmanan (senior)     25 February 2014

please get the help of advocates near to you to trace history of title with the aid of encumbrances certificates for 33 years and if you find that your father had self-acquired the property in dispute you may initiate criminal proceeding against your father'brother. If it is an ancestral property, you may not have any case. You may act as your advocate advise.   

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 February 2014

If you have signed a sale deed, for conveying you peoples share, to your  fathers brother, it cannot be contested. In some cases it was tried , by filing a suit in court for declaration,to call sale deed null and void, because it was done under coercion or undue influence by the  seller to get property transferred, in your case if you are desperate to contest the sale deed this method can be adopted, the onus will be on you to prove the allegation.

C.V.Divakar (Professor)     25 February 2014

Sir i am resident of Bangalore and an income tax payee, age 65 years. I want to buy agricultural land in Denknikotai, tamilnadu. My mother had agricultural land which was lost during tenancy act about 40-50years back. 1. can i buy agri land in tamilnadu which is not possible for me in Karnataka? 2. should i have voter id and proof residence of denkanikotai to buy land in denkani kotai?

Kindly let me know the fee payable if any, for above clarification before answering the query  

Regards 

C.V.Divakar

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 February 2014

Absolutely there is no bar, if u have money u can buy agriculture land in tamilnadu, you do not have to be agriculturist to buy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register