Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (Self Employed)     30 April 2009

Laid off from company

Dear Lawyers, Here is my case, please suggest me what I should do,

a. I had worked for a MNC S/W firm for 6 years 10 months.

b. In 2007 Oct I was called by my manager and I was told that my performance is not good that I will be enrolled into Performance Improvement Program (PIP). 

c. I was told by manager that PIP will be very embarassing for a senior employee like you, instead you please quit. They some how convinced me to resign through e-mail.

d. Since I needed some break as I was expecting my second child and I spent almost 7 years at this company.

e. But due to down trend and reccession I am finding it difficult to find suitable jobs.

f. Company has not done any PIP, and company has non-transparent performance evaluation system. Manager in fact told me that I never recommended for firing you but it's company policy. Even my manager has no clarity w.r.t transparency in appraisal. g. Recently, I requested company if they could take back, HR manager replied saying "You have resigned and you should look elsewhere". I requested company to give me compensation as per law, they say there is no law, you find out and explain and we will see to it. Worst thing is they are refusing to meet me face to face, they give flimsy reasons saying I'm in meeting, come after one month etc etc.

g. The company appraisal system is not good and transparent, through out my stay at company I have directly earned Rs.1.5 crore (as employee) and contributed indirectly to earn Rs.1 crore (as team leader).

h. Since last 18 months I have been unemployed, my self confidence is totally gone, there's many issues due to financial problems. Even my marriage is getting rocked due to action of the company.

i. I am not worried abou compensation, but I feel the company with such a bad attitude should be taken to task, I have served 6 years 10 months w/o any issues. I have appreciation letters from clients of US too.

Please HELP.

THANKS.

Learning

2 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     30 April 2009

Dear Srinivas,

It is sad that you were sacked unceremoniously, but the thing is you got into a well planned trap laid by the company. Moreover, you are stating that you have put in your papers, although involuntarily but what reasons were stated by you in the resignation is not clear. There is little that that can be done legally except advising you to stop brooding over the past and look into the future. Although the market is tight because of recession but try to catch hold of a good job as early as possible to save your rocking marriage.

Srinivas (Self Employed)     30 April 2009

Moreover, you are stating that you have put in your papers, although involuntarily but what reasons were stated by you in the resignation is not clear.

Dear Sir,

I have put papers citing personal reason via e-mail, but in exit interview I clearly mentioned that I have been targeted in a unceremoniously way. The official version is 'resigned for personal reasons'. The appraisal system consists of 3 steps the 2 steps are very non-transparent, in the first step, I and my manager are in good terms with fair performance. The company call the next two appraisal systems as 'normalization', no one knows how they work.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register