Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     23 December 2016

If you are into dual employment there are some advantages as well as diadvantages.

Advantages: You may make more money.

If it is related to your other job in the morning shift you may gain more experience in  a short span of time and polish your skills.

It may boost your confidence.

If it  is the job you love you don't feel tired due to additional worklod you'll have to shoulder.

Disadvantages: If part time job also is the same you may feel monotonous, bored and stressed out.

Due to monotony and borfedom and stress you may commit more mistakes which may undermine your confidence.

The extra money may give some temporary happiness but due to stress  you may succumb to artificial and unhealthy stress busters such as smoking and drinking so whatever extra money you make in part time job may get drained out to these bad habits.You may contract  Bronchial asthma, lung cancer etc sdue to smoking and  liver cirrohsis due to  alchohoi.

You should be samrt in balacing both the jobs  with elan and poise and make the best out of them. Learn as much as possible by observing seniors doing similar work, read books on your jobs and enhance your efficiency and productivity. This way you can make best of  both the worlds. If you appreciate this answer please give me a like on my profile.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     23 December 2016

There is a provision in the Factoris Act which bars dual employment. Otherwise there is no such clause in any other labour Acts. (as far as my little knowledge is concerned). However, there are plenty of case laws where the court held that termination of an employee is valid when it is found that the employee is engaged in dual employment. 

I wrote a small article on dual employment in my blog. Please read the article here and see if it helps.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 December 2016

It depends on the terms of agreement entered into by you with the employers.  If there was such a bar, you have violated the condition.  May be, as your other  job has not affected your functioning, they may warn you and let off.  However, if the other company is competitor of your company or some relations with your company, they may treat this violation as seriously.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 December 2016

There is NO query in the 1st post (Box for posting) query).

Only title of the thread mentions "Is it dual employment? am i into deep trouble?"

You may show the appointment letter, service rules, standing orders to a very able counsel specializing in Labor/service matters.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 December 2016

Yes, the facts posted (or not posted) do not call for a meaningful suggestion.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 December 2016

Probably querist has erased/deleted the query.

So what is to be discussed.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 December 2016

no fact seen.  the query appears to be a time pass.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 December 2016

NO query is seen.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2016

query is repeated with another name at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Is-this-dual-employment-requesting-your-advice-please-help-145488.asp

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 December 2016

Yes the query is also posted at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Is-it-dual-employment-am-i-into-deep-trouble--145387.asp

Although, it is not clear why it was completely erased, after posting and getting responses from members/experts.

It is  not clear why you are pointing to IPC/apprehending any action against IPC?

Another querist has asked a query, asking if criminal action ( under IPC)  can be taken against an employee in  situation as in query, at following link:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Can-we-take-a-criminal-action-against-such-an-employee--145442.asp

The employee has severed the employer-employee relationship the moment employee has resigned.

Employee can resign with notice or permission. Rest can be per service conditions applicable to establishment and employee.

As already posted establishment Y is right, since it has to comply with law of the land, various enactments: registers prescribed under the enactments. Since you have joined and worked it cannot erase the record. So you must have record of joining, attendance, having worked, having been eligible for salary, and resigning, and getting relieved.So you may obtain all documents from Y and keep these safely.

With X also you may build irrefutable written record as already suggested.

Thus it may suffice with both X and Y.

Rest you may take with your own able counsel specializing in Labor/Service matters at your location, with copies of all docs on record and give inputs in person and share everything that you might not have shared in this thread and don’t conceal anything from your own counsel , spend quality time and understand merits and options.

You are aware of the facts and are best judge of facts and matter

Apply your own judgment thereafter and proceed as suitable to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register