LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nisha   12 November 2018

Investigation by police

if i want police to investigate whether any person is alive or dead, what procedure should i apply for it ? should i send an Advocate's letter or what woul be right method to go for it ?

Learning

5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   12 November 2018

File a complaint to police with person details that he is missing or absconding.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 November 2018

One can ask around with relatives, family members, neighbors, colleagues and check.

If person is dead death certificate may exist.

If a person is missing file police complaint under proper acknowledgment.

If person is not traceable police is to file IT’s report and courts can be approached for declaration of Civil Death.

You may take help of elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, Religious scholars, etc to resolve the matter if any, and/or find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Civil matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, revenue codes/rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you and even help you.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL e.g: Civil courts, HC, SC …

You can also try to get free legal advice from FREE Legal Aid that is usually in LOCAL courts Complex..preferably from a counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Civil matters.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 November 2018

In the meantime you may go thru;

Calcutta High Court

Sudarshan Shaw vs Subhas Shaw on 6 July, 2005

Equivalent citations: 2005 (3) CHN 456

Author: B Bhattacharya

Bench: B Bhattacharya, J Banerjee

JUDGMENT Bhaskar Bhattacharya, J.

Nisha   15 November 2018

Thank You So much for your kind reply and for your time.

@ Kumar Doab : I very much appreciate your kind reply and your valuable time for giving citiations for the same.

However sir, I am practising Junior Advocate, starting practising since 6 months. I try resolving my queries with many well known and profound or as you said well versed counsels. but they seems to be busy to take out time to resolve the same. therefore i use this forum to connect with professionals here who genuinely take out time and care for others and help others to grow in the same field and develop their knowledge and change their attitudes towards this profession.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 November 2018

There are many counsels in a city specializing in a filed of law that are successful and rank say amongst top10.

Many of such counsels don’t always discourage or deny resolving queries by budding or junior ones.

They may give concise but precise reply.

Keep on trying and you shall be able to build your circle.

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register