LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     12 May 2010

Interlocutory

On 11/5/10, CJI retired. He was interviewed by a TV channel where he was asked about delay in Ruchika-Rathore case. He laughed and laughed and laughed before the anchor reminded him what the case was. Obviously, he could not recollect the case - a case which the whole nation knows by heart.

The gist of his reply was:

The accused go on filing interlocutory petitions which take years for disposal. The caption on the TV read:

400 hearing, 60 adjournments, 20 years.

But what can be done to reduce it? Well, well, well - There was no suggestion.

Learning

16 Replies

(Guest)

I will remember Mr. K. G. Balakrishnan the worst Chief Justice of India.  He was laughing on the system who made him a Chief Justice of India.  Yesterday I released a long breath of relax while watching news on TV regarding his retirement on date.  But it will take a long time to recovered whatever he damaged for judiciary.

niranjan (civil practice)     12 May 2010

At  all levels such judges are there.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     12 May 2010

Next posting please?

(Guest)

Anil ji,

Please I'm sorry but let me allow a line of Mirza Asadulla Khan 'GALIB';

"Hamko un se hai WAFA ki ummeed.. Jo naheen jaante WAFA kya hai..."

Koi kis munh se kya kahe ?????

BUT I SALUTE YOU FOR THIS...........

1 Like

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     12 May 2010

Friends, kindly post in English so that you can share thoughts with all members of our Club

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 May 2010

Posting in urdu, arabic etc etc is very disturbing.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 May 2010

See all these High court or supreme court will be appointed by the influence.  You just go thru., either these judges are relative of retired judges.

But they show that as if they are Mr.Cleans

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     13 May 2010

We should explore the possibility to mend the system so as to avoid unnecessary delay and the accumulation of cases at courts .Passing unwarranted comments on the hnourable judges will undermine the honour to the highest judicial authority, within minutes he demitted office.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     13 May 2010

What is so unwarranted? Let us not put the judges at the pedestal from where they can't be brought down. We have seen that they are not infallible. Two of them are facing impeachment proceedings. It is our servile attitude towards authorities that has made us what we are.

In USA, before a judge is appointed, he is grilled before the Senate panel. Here it is the executive privilege to appoint pliable judges.

If the CJI does not know about Ruchika case and prefers to laugh away, we should hang our head in shame.

(Guest)

These are not unwanted comments.  These are our clear opinion.  The people are in search of the way as to how there will be accountability of the work assigned to public servants and how these public servants will be trialed.  Since, unfortunately, the leadership is failed to address the democratic system according to the concept of our democratic constitution and so the dictatorship of public servants is continued due to such piousness toward administrators who are now actually PUBLIC SERVANTS.  The only factor is in the minds of people who are still carrying "GULAAMI" (Sorry I do not know the word in English) which was ever in the history of India.

I do not know that till when the people will carry this "GULAAMI" and when they will come to understand that now every common citizen is a Governor and all the persons whosoever taken job in public service are their servants only and nothing more whosoever a Cabinet Secretary, a Chief Secretary in a State, a Chief Justice of India.  People should come out of their mind set to ever treat public servants "HONOURABLE SIR".  Servant has no honorable status.  The democracy will never come in existence in its real mean till when their will be no watch on servants and no fear for punishment for lack of service or any kind of misconduct.  

Till when the people will not behave like a Governor till than the public servants will rule over the people.

Yes, I ever behave like a governor citizen and ever exercise my democratic rights and treats all public servants like only a servant.

Remember, if you ask your servant like this; "Hon'ble Sir ! will you please give me a water please sir !!!"... what you think  as to how your servant will behave with you?  He will become your master which is happened in our nation.  It is a lapse of people and not of servants.

Choice is yours'.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     14 May 2010

This is the story of CJI. What about the such officers wkg as executive and people are forced to co-operate with them. becoz they have no way out.

(Guest)

Its DONE.

Well ! Mr. Ashutosh Jayaswal,  I was waiting for this what you pointed.

It is now time for me to lead a separate task through a fresh topic on Right To Information of Citizen.

(See, I'm saying about the RIGHT TO INFORMATION OF CITIZENS and not about the Right To Information Act 2005, both are separate matters)

Shortly I'll post the task.  Please follow and give your valuable suggestions.

Regards.  Thanks.

(Guest)

Continued...

I promise that if you follow my next task "EVERY CITIZEN IS A GOVERNOR OF INDIA", you will feel it. 

YES ! IT IS TRUE AND PRACTICAL. 

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     15 May 2010

There are only about 10000 citizens in India - all MPs and MLAs. The rest are subjects.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register