- I have been working for an Organisation in the UK and living there for 3 years.
- Came to India in March 2020 during Covid crisis but continued working for the same Organisation remotely.
- Since then I have been working remotely from India and my salary was being credited in my foreign bank account.
- Due to the status of my Organisation (it's a european research lab) we are exempt from the UK income tax and the Organisation cuts a portion of salary as internal tax for which UK tax authorities are not responsible for.
- Since, I have been in India for more than 182 days in FY 2020-2021, I understand that I am a resident of India.
- Am I eligible to pay income tax in India on my salary paid in my foreign bank account for FY 2020-2021?