Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surajit Rana (Senior Developer)     02 February 2015

Imp-deficiency in service from air travel agency

I got an Air ticket worth 40600.00 INR . I booked it through a travel agency. When I arrived at the airport to get the boarding pass then the airline person told me that my ticket have been cancelled the previous day via my phone. whereas I have not at all sent any message from my phone and I have no idea if at my ticket got cancelled so when and how much amount will get my money refunded. 

I request you to kindly help me to which court I should go if I am not wrong it should be consumer court but which Act will help me to get rid of this service deficiency done by Spice Jet.

Who will be responsible for this deficient service . Is it SpiceJet or the Travel Agency where as both of them denies to help me out.


 4 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     02 February 2015

Dear, Send a legal notice claiming your money, else you have a claim to file a suit in consumer forum ..... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Naveen Kumar (service)     03 February 2015

U/s.12 of Consumer Protection Act - 1986, First Issue Legal Notice through your Advocate making both the Spice Jet and Your Travel Agent as parties.  

Keep all the evidences i.e., your messages, phone calls, air ticket.  You said your ticket has been cancelled via your phone, how can this possible, when you have not cancelled.  Have you taken any acknowledgement/written reasons for your ticket cancellation from Travel Agency/Spicejet.  If you have proper and reliable evidence No doubt you will get relief. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 February 2015

Send a legal notice to spcejet and travel agent and demand he amount of ticket and compensation towards mental and physical agony caused to you .In case non compliance of notice ,file complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 February 2015

The service provider was the travel agency hence all actions are to be made against the agency only.  This is a gross deficiency of service, hence the agency is to be issued with legal notice demanding proper compensation, if it fails to invoke any response, you may approach the consumer forum with a complaint, don't worry about the sections involved, just follow the procedure meant for in the consumer forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register