Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sabir Kotkar   11 December 2020

Husband can take legal or police action against wife family

Can husband will able to take legal action wife and family. We are happy together for ten years of marriage with no child because of her severe issue. I love her lot and everything she I had given..   From last ten years I also supported her family in financially. Her father has taken lacs of amount from me  From last ten years.

But from last year I suffered heavy loss in business. By seeing this wife family her father, mother and her brothers putted wrong words in her mind to leave me because of my financial losses and suggest to marry someone other. She left my house as per her mother instruction without any reason and now she was returning and saying that I don't want to come.

Can I filled legal case or FIR against her family by cheating me for ten years. Please guide me properly what to do. I don't want to leave her.



 7 Replies

Deepak Chandoliya   11 December 2020

unfortunately there is no such law.. but believe me if she has left the house she possibly have some other plans for her life now. maybe she is upto another marriage or something else.. Take her into confidence.. do recording where she should be denying to return back.. you should emphasize in recording that she left the matrimonial house without any intimation before leaving. if possible do it on whatsapp chats as well..
to be very honest, all this exercise is just to safeguard you from counter litigation when she would be more desperate to get seperation but you HOOKED her for longer. Means denying divorce etc.

Sabir Kotkar   11 December 2020

Yes I have done all call recordings, what her father said while taking her that she is not well and after she is ok then will bring to your home. She had a fever that time.  

And now wife is responding to my relatives that she will not come and issuing false statement that I am keeping s*x relationship in 1 month,  her father saying 3 months gap and her mother saying 4 months gap. Is this issue has any relation to left home without giving me time to speak. Her mother destroyed my life by putting wrongs words in her mind.

I also had all medical report confirming that she can unable to concieve unless one big surgery.

There no reason to left home. Please guide me what to do. 


Kishor Mehta (CEO)     11 December 2020

You can ask for refund of your amounts from your father-in-law if you have valid proof of the amounts so given and if it is within the Law of Limitations. You can file a case in family court against your wife for desertion and seek either restitution or divorce.

Sabir Kotkar   11 December 2020

Yes I have record in bank statement. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 December 2020

Please post simple facts avoiding assumptions, presumptions and subjective opinions.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 December 2020

Number of issues are involved in your post.

Try to convince your wife to join you, wherein common relatives/ friends /elders / respectable persons of the society may be roped for reconcilliation and amicable settlement.

It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Deepak Chandoliya   13 December 2020

You have multiple options to go ahead with before she traps you in false cases.. you must immediately consult a legal practitioner else you would end up in a mess of a lifetime. You can contacts me on 9667969916 if you want further guidance but please do things without wasting time because you never know when she initiates adverse things against you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register