Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radha (House Wife)     23 August 2012

How to remove the co-owner of the property

Hi Sir/Madam,

Plot has been registered in both of my husband and my name. But now I want to remove my name in the registration and let it be in my husband's name. Can you please let me know the procedure and how much it will cost?

Thanks,

Radha K.

Learning

8 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     23 August 2012

dear querist,

co owner can leave his share in the joint property for the other co owner,you have to file a application regarding this in the concerned registrar office ,and after record of your statements by  the concerned authorities they will make the prayed change in the enteries.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     23 August 2012

Execute a Registered Settlement Deed in favour of your husband with respect to your 1/2 share

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     23 August 2012

Execute a registered release deed in respect of your share in favor of your husband.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     24 August 2012

Execute a registered release deed in respect of your share in favor of your husband.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     24 August 2012

To my knowledge, relinquishment of property by a co-owner in favour of other co-owner amounts to sale and stamp duty and registration charges will be collected under the head of "Conveyance".

Arun Shukla (Lawyer)     31 August 2012

this query relates the transfer of property from one entity to another entity and every transfer immovable property attracts stamp duty as well as registration charges. As per the query at hand the transfer can be simply made by executing a gift deed as there is no consideration is to be given by the transferee. Such type of transfer of immovable can be best attributed as gift under the transfer of property Act. 

Arun Shukla (Lawyer)     31 August 2012

this query relates the transfer of property from one entity to another entity and every transfer immovable property attracts stamp duty as well as registration charges. As per the query at hand the transfer can be simply made by executing a gift deed as there is no consideration is to be given by the transferee. Such type of transfer of immovable can be best attributed as gift under the transfer of property Act. 

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     03 September 2012

Dear Radha,

Please tell the location of property so as to enable the experts to render their correct opinion on your querry and here you find a lot of answers and it makes you little confused to take a decision.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register