Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Crazy Cool   17 July 2022

how to lodge a complaint against a cheat/fraud

Dear members,

Please guide me how to lodge a complaint and proceed further against a cheat in connection with an agriculture land deal.

In an agriculture land deal I've been cheated by a person as the person couldn't fulfil his promises of registration and handing over all the transfer of documents in my name desipte of paying whole agreed money as on/before date instead, the registration was taken place in another person's name, which was shocking for me.

I tried to catch him but he is giving many excuses and delaying the matters, not attending my phone calls either.

How can I proceed? Do I need to lodge complaint in police or file a case in a court?
How helpful would be the police in these matters?

Best Regards
Maddy

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 July 2022

Contact a local advocate for filing a private criminal complaint,  issue a notice for specific performance and let the other party reduce his say in writing. Then your advocate may file a particular suit of performance or other remedies through compromise.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 July 2022

"In an agriculture land deal I've been cheated  ......................." What is the deal? How you had been cheated? Mere failure to keep a promise need not amoung to fraud and cheating.

Crazy Cool   17 July 2022

Dear advocates/members thanks for your responses.

@ P.Venu : Deal is the land registration on my name on agreed date duly paying the whole agreed amount on or before the registration date. After paying the whole amount the registration happened on a unknown person's name. The agent who is responsible for the registration is no more responsive to my calls/messages. Phone is switched off. Initially, it was communicated to be registration on my name will be done in one month, then 15 days, then one week, now unresponsive.

Best Regards,
Maddy

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 July 2022

When you have paid the money, why the registration in another, that too, unknown persons name?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 July 2022

Issue legal notice for performance of agreement on the part of seller thorugh a local prudent lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register