LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sem (Software Engineer)     02 November 2010

How to handle a false FIR

My brother was running money transactions (finance business) along with big money lenders. Due to his incapability he lost everything and became insolvent. Since these people started threatening him with th ehelp of local rowdies, he filed Insolvency petition and went obsconding. After the people found him missing they have targetted two people. One is myself. I am working as a software engineer and married and staying with my wife and children in a completely different city for the last six years. I have no connection to my brother's business. They are targeting me and asking me to repay the money which is in lacs. Another person targetted is my uncle who is a govt employee living in the same town where my brother lived. The people are targetting him because there are no other relatives of ours whom they can catch hold. Now these people along with the help of local police (SI) has filed a false FIR including our names as well in it and also they mentioned in the FIR that we threatened to kill them when they approached us. They have mentioned that we both also were present during the money transfers and they are threatening us. The police says that even if we take anticipatory bail for this FIR, they would arrest us by filing an FIR based on complaints from another person. Since there are many people involved in the money transactions, they would be multiple FIRs and AB would not work. Please suggest us what we should do?

Learning

7 Replies

Sandip T. Naykuji (Advocate)     03 November 2010

yes, you have  cirtainly remedy for that proceed to district court  in your city and file privet compliant there.

Sem (Software Engineer)     03 November 2010

Thanks for your reply Sir. Can you please brief me on what is meant by a "private complaint"? WIll I be freed from this case by doing so?

rakeshfatehpur (Advocate)     04 November 2010

dear sir,

Kindly move a petition u/s 482 before Hon'ble High Court of your State.

rakesh Advocate 

(Guest)

You can approach the High court of your jurisdiction and get remedy at once

(Guest)

Sue the cops, and star running for yur life.

(Guest)

Since money is the root of the problem ,you let others fight it out and when they have outwitted each other, you move in.

ranju (Advocate )     04 December 2010

we can file for quashing petition for quadhing this type of f.i.r. which do not have any strong evidence... and primafacie false .....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register