How to File Mutual Consent Divorce?
I am a resident of Ghaziabad, U.P. I am a salaried person and married on Nov-2008, wife is from Indore, M.P. However, I could never register my marriage in the registrar office due to lack of required documents. We have been separated for about 2 years due to personal differences. Now we are reaching at a stage to file mutual consent Divorce. However, I need advise on below mentioned points.
1. What are the required documents for filing a mutual consent divorce? Does it wary state to state?
2. Is it required for both of us to appear during filing of mutual divorce petition? Is it possible that I complete the paperwork at her home and visit the court alone with the documents? Or my wife’s presence is a requirement?
3. Since us both belong to different states. From which place would you recommend me to file the divorce petition? Considering the future implications for or against me.
4. After we filed the petition, how do we complete the process of getting mutual consent divorce? Do I need to follow up courts for dates or we get some notification to appear?
5. Will it be again a requirement for my wife to appear in follow ups after filing consent divorce or anytime till we get final divorce? Or can I do everything by myself?
Thank you in advance.