LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gyaneshwar pandey   26 July 2017

How to correct my and my parents surname spelling now?

Hello sir/mam

Hope you are good of wealth

I want to tell about my problem. I have passed my 10 class from cbse board in 2016.The actual spelling of my surname is 'PANDEY' but in marksheet it is registered as 'PANDAY'. Before 10 class finals examination the school had rejected to correct the spelling as they sad it should be done in 9 class. At the time of admission in that school may be my Father's friend had filled wrong spelling of my surname in my admission form .so also in student record my surname spelling is 'PANDAY' instead of 'PANDEY'.

Now is there any chance to correct the spelling if yes then how?and if now then what should i have to do in future so that i should not involve in any type of matter?

Please reply me as soon as possible. It will create a problem in my future. Hope you will reply me

I will be very thankful to you!

Your's faithfully-

Gyaneshwar Pandey

Cbse Roll no.2016- 5319269


 9 Replies


Dear PandeyJi, 

  Thanks, we are doing good in terms of Health and not wealth :-) :-)

   Coming to your question, the answer is YES, you can always make the corrections. Approach your Institution/Board and ask for a Name correction form. Pay the requisite Fees, get the form endorsed by the School Principal, Attach your Proof of Identity having correct name like Aadhar Card, Voter ID or DL or any certificate issued by State/Central Govt. Then submit it to the board who will make the necessary correction and shall issue you a fresh certificate.

 And most importantly, be carefull in future and fill all the forms yourself.


1 Like

Gyaneshwar pandey   27 July 2017

Thank you so much for your reply and sorry for sone typing mistake by me .
but as per cbse guidelines they want copy of admission form and in that form my spelling is PANDAY as in certificate also PANDAY.so is there any chance of rejection by board when i will submit my id proof with correction form and marksheet?


No, there is no chance of rejection. Discuss the matter with your school authorities, also discuss the matter with Student counsellers or some notable advocate who will guide you.

And the error is just 1 alphabet PANDEY written as PANDAY.

I dont see any issues and this will be resolved. No worries

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 July 2017

The correction procedure, after one year from receipt of marks list by the Board is a Rule.  Unfortunately the school has given misleading information.

When one lettter is not going to make any difference, forget about it, and always follow 10th class as standard.

1 Like

Gyaneshwar pandey   27 July 2017

Thanku prasad sir!!
suppose me 10 class certificate pe aage chalta hu to muje apna name adhar card me PANDAY krwana pdega as in matric certificate. but agar father ka certificate me PANDAY hai and unke adhar card me ....EY hai then koi problem aaygi aage?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 July 2017

Yes. Madam.

Let all identities be having uniform spelling, so that no  authority can object in future.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 July 2017

It is but natural that vernacular words, esp. proper nouns, could have more than one spelling when written in English. Such discrepencies could be explained through an affidavit as and when such exigencies arise.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 July 2017

Absolutely true Sir,

But, instead of filing affidavit every time, is it not prudent to keep that spelling on one document permanently and file all other documents with same spelliing ?

Gyaneshwar pandey   27 July 2017

can any one give their WhatsApp number?
i want to show my all certificate and want to clear my whole problem.i have very less time to correct this thing. plz what's app me 9536994718
or u can give your number. i will text you there and show you whole matter

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register