LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Farooq Shaik   02 January 2020

how to complain on fraud app

I do job with low salary, financially sometimes I used to suffer, so that I had took loan from loan app called Cashin.I got 3000 rupees loan, with charges I got 2504 rupees and in 14 days I have to pay 3420 it seems.When I read about that app they have clearly mentioned that 36% intrest for annual.After taking loan they want 36% intrest for 14 days, almost 900 rupees, Is there any restrictions regarding intrest rates?

Learning

6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 January 2020

while seeking loan you agree to their terms and conditions for repayment. Now that you have alreaqdy availed the loan it is better to repay thier amount and get rid of compunding the inetrest...

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 January 2020

Such exhorbitant rate of interest is not legally enforceable. Many States have enacted laws to this effect.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 January 2020

You can complain to Reserve Bank of India as a grievance in online portal pgrms -dept., of finance.

You have not stated as to whether you have parted with any cheques, securities, guarantee etc.  When you have accepted the terms at the time of availing a loan, you can not go back and destroy your credit rating, as for this Rs.3,000/- your CIBIL rating becomes worst.  With that rating you can not avail single rupee loan in future from any Bank or other financial institution.  As the amount is not large, manage to repay somehow without engaging in vain fight with a strong opponent for a gone cause.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 January 2020

To my knowledge, the transctions with accredited banks and financial institutions are taken into consideration for CIBIL rating.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 January 2020

The presumption is that online lending to a stranger must be having some accreditation, as verifying CIBIL rating is the first step the lender has to do while financing.  They must be having very good laid down the recovery process and muscle man for recovery.  No one without resources can just provide a loan to anyone who seeks the same online.,  The lending is selective to some persons of a particular area and to particular community (Mumbai) where they have good net work.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 January 2020

This  can be termed as an offence under exorbitant interest prevention act.

If you are aggrieved by this then you better avoid them in future or you can pursue by issuing a legal notice asking them to return the excess amount charged as interest or else you will be constrained to approach legal forum for relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register