LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kanishka Reddy   27 December 2022

How to claim certified copies from arbitrator

How to get the certified copies from arbitrator once the award has been passed. From what I heard once the arbitrator passed the award he has no more authority to issue certified copies. So can you please tell me how to get certified copies of the arbitration case and from whom should I get it.

Learning

2 Replies

sahithi reddy   31 December 2022

A written arbitral award must be made and signed by the arbitral tribunal members, according to Section 31 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act of 1996 (the Arbitration Act). Section 31(2) makes it clear that in cases involving several arbitrators, the majority of the arbitral tribunal members' signatures are adequate as long as the explanation for any missing signatures is indicated. A signed copy of the award must be given to each party after it is created.

Additionally, Section 31 states that unless the parties have agreed that no justification should be provided or the award is an arbitral award on agreed conditions as defined in Section 30, the arbitral award must identify the grounds upon which it is based (Settlement).

In addition, the award must include the time and location of the arbitration, which must be established in accordance with section 20 (Place of Arbitration), and the award must be deemed to have been issued there.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 January 2023

whom he sibmitted award.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register