LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Munirathnam (Scientist)     11 February 2010

How to add grounds to quash petition in High Court

Dear All,

I have filed quash petition in A.P High Court, long time back. Still it is in pending, single hearing also not happened.
Recently I came to know that I should have put some grounds which favors to me to quash the 498A case.  These new grounds are more important than the mentioned grounds earlier to get the case quashed. This happened due to poor knowledge at that point of time.
Please advice me the procedure to add additional grounds to the original petition...first is it possible to add at this point of time at all ....
Does it should be done by the lawyer only ....
Does it possible to send the prepared document via registered post to High Court saying this documents are be part of the original petition No: xxx like that...


 4 Replies

Jatin Duggal (Advocate-Uttranchal)     12 February 2010

well an amendment application can be moved through your lawyer with a supporting affidavit for the same

girishankar (manager)     16 February 2010


Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     17 February 2010


Alternatively, withdraw the original case and file the new case with the new grounds in the High Court. You can also give the attachment at the time of the next hearing.

Munirathnam (Scientist)     18 February 2010

Dear Hardik,

If I withdraw the quash petition and again file it with all the supporting gronds,  then takes long time to dispose the case. What ever time, 6 months will be wasted.

My actual requirements is:

In the original quash petition only headdings are present, not given full detials of the information what is under that hedding. Like on gound says, police did not investigate proper witnesses. It does not say who are proper witnesses and whose statments police did not investage or not taken etc.

In this scenario my lawer can fixup with other party (that is what happened, I am suspecting) and can do anything affects me. This I am trying to do it.

I believe your second suggestion is better. Am I correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register