LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Singh (N/A)     06 August 2013

How much kms. can one drive his new bike w/o reg.numbers

I purchased a Hero passion pro on 02nd August this year. Now I am running it without registration numbers. i keep the photocopy of the Invoice and the insurance paper with me all time. How much kilometers can I drive within my RTO jurisdiction area without registration numbers. The showroom people told that I will get the numbers for the bike in one month or so. Any relevant section/sub section/clarification of MV Act in this regard?

Learning

2 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     06 August 2013

It has nothing to do with how many KM you drive, The Motor vehicle Act says you have to apply for registration within 15 days from the date of purchase with the DTO, in case of not doing so you are suppose to pay a fine at the DTO. But when you drive you should have the receipt showing tht you have applied for registration, along with that you have to write A/F that means Applied For on you number plate rear and front.

amaresh (imv)     06 August 2013

as per mv act the t/r is issued to faacilitate the driving of vehicle to rto office for physical inspection / ,the validity of t/r is generally 30 days .but one cannot claim right  to drive on public road on temp registration only,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register