LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh   12 December 2017

Household articles

I have filed divorce case against my wife and the case is pending in mediation. Now wife is asking her house hold materials, gold before divorce settlement. I need to submit those articles by courts order before divorce settlement?. Can you please guide me how to proceed this case


 5 Replies

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     12 December 2017

Dear friend,

There every possibility in law. You may prepare a list of all the articles with approximate values and hand over the same to your wife in the open court and get an acknowldegement. If you face still any problem then please come to my office with prior permission and remitting fees to PATHLEGAL, I will try to solve your problem.
If you are not from Karnataka State then send your full question and documents to my e-mail.
With regards,
Retd Judge

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     13 December 2017

From what i understand of your query, your matter has been referred to mediation wherein you and your wife are attempting to settle/ sort out all your issues and put an amicable end to your marriage.  So the question of a Court order in such a situation does not arise.  I would say there is no harm in giving her household articles back if the both of you are able to reach a consensus regarding the other issues. But ensure that Consent Terms have been filed and signed before returning the said articles. 

Rishi kumar   13 December 2017

Respected Kishen Dutt Sir,

with your experience and expertise in the field of litigation, it would be a great help if you give more inputs in your answers rather than asking them to get in touch with you. The litigants, many of them cannot afford highly rated lawyers. So it would be a boon for all of us. With your expert advises we can work closely with our lawyers. I think that is the idea of this free legal forum.

Dinesh   05 January 2018

As I said in my last query I have filed Divorce and went to Mediation, in between she filed 498, dowry act etc., including me and my family. So I didnt turn up for mediation and took AB, so now she files Retun of artivles in court.

So from now how can we proceed, because I filed divorce and she files Return of articles. I am ready to give back all things whats is hers, but what about divoirce. Before divorce we need to their articles??

Dinesh   05 January 2018

Thanks for all your valuable replies


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register