Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need Advise (def)     03 March 2016

Hma 24 documents required

Dear Learned Members,

My wife has filed divorce and asking for a good deal of interim maintenace even though she is working and has respectable income. Hounarable court has asked us to file HMA 24 income and expenditure affidavit. Can you, please, enlighten me if we have to provide income and expenditure affidavit as per format as in ANNEXURE A provided in below link:

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/94345757/

If that is so, the documents court is asking is quite volumnous:

DOCUMENTS RELATING TO ASSETS, INCOME AND EXPENDITURE OF THE DEPONENT PART A DOCUMENTS RELATING TO PERSONAL INFORMATION S. No. Descripttion

1. Aadhar Card

2. PAN Card

3. Passport PART B DOCUMENTS RELATING TO INCOME, ASSETS AND LIABILITIES S. No. Descripttion Please Tick Attached Not To follow Applicable

4. Statement of Account of all bank accounts including current and savings accounts for last 3 years

5. Income Tax Return(s) along with Statement of Income and Annexures for last 3 years

6. Wealth Tax return(s) with statement of assets/liabilities for the last 3 years

7. In case of Salaried Persons

(i) Appointment Letter

(ii) Salary slip

(iii) Forms 16, 16A & 12BA

(iv) Cost to Company Certificate and CIBIL Certificate, wherever applicable

(v) Copies of TDS certificates

8. In case of self-employed persons

(i) Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account

(ii) Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account of the proprietorship firm, if the business is carried on in the name of a sole proprietorship concern

(iii) Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account of the partnership firm, if the deponent is a partner in a firm along with the Schedule showing the distribution of partners' remuneration and share of profits/losses of the partnership firm and the copy of the partnership deed

(iv) Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account of the Company in which the deponent is a Director

(v) Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account of the Association of Persons, HUF, Joint Family business or trust in which the deponent has share

(vi) Copies of TDS certificates

9. In case of Income from other sources:

(i)     Lease            Deed(s)/Rent
             Agreement(s)         /Licence
             Agreement(s) in respect of the
             rental income
     (ii)    Interest Certificate in respect
             of the interest income on
             deposits and investments
     (iii) Dividend       Certificates     in

respect of dividend income
      (iv) Sale          Deed(s)/transfer
           documents in respect of the
           profit     on       sale    of
           property/properties

10. Other relevant documents relating to Income/Assets

11. Other relevant documents relating to liabilities PART C DOCUMENTS RELATING TO EXPENDITURE

(i) Documents relating to the

12. expenditure on education of children including tuition fees

(ii) Rent and maintenance receipts

(iii) Electricity, water, security and gas bills

(iv) Documents relating to the salary paid to the employees including servant(s)

(v) Documents relating to expenditure on conveyance

(vi) Debit and Credit Card statements

(vii) Frequent Flier's Card statements

(viii) Mobile and landline phone bills

(ix) Internet and TV cable/ Set -

Top Box bills

(x) Documents relating to the re-

payment of the loans

(xi) PPF, EPF and other superannuation fund receipts

(xii) Receipts of premium of insurance policies

(xiii) Receipts of payments in respect of mutual funds

(xiv) Documents relating to payment of interest on bank and other loans

(xv) Documents relating to the payment of taxes, including Income Tax, Wealth Tax and Property Tax (xvi) Other relevant documents relating to Expenditure Declaration:

Do we need to provide all the above documents? 

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     04 March 2016

Provide all the documents you happen to have out of the above mentioned list . In case there is a certain document (s) mentioned in trh above list that has not been issued to you , then no need to produce it . But make sure you furnish your IT returns, your bank passbook as well as your salary certificate .

Need Advise (def)     04 March 2016

Thanks sir. But my wife has already submitted her documents and I do not see documents such as 3 years ITR, 3 Years bank statements etc. Is she neot obliged to submit the same? Should I still submit all documents?

Ashwin   03 April 2018

Experts please provide your views/opinions on the query on the above post. Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register