LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

p.kumar (doctor)     21 January 2011

Help please

I added my surname to my official name through a Gazette notification after obtaining my MBBS degree from a University in Tamilnadu. How can I have my surname (now part of my official name) added to my name on my MBBS degree? How long would the process take and how much would it cost?


 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 January 2011

As usual you can use your surname, you need not to pay for it.

uma ramanathan (lawyer)     21 January 2011

Once your name has been changed and published in the gazette, it is enough, u can use the name as such and in case of submitting details for passport or higher education, keep a copy of the gazette attached so that it can be verified.

Uma ramanathan

Advocate, Mediator

p.kumar (doctor)     21 January 2011

Thank you for your reply.

I want to add my surname to the University degree that has been issued and get the University records amended. What is the due process please?

S. Bharath (Advocate and Arbitrator Formerly Civil Judge)     22 January 2011

It cannot be added now; the degree was earned by you when before the change of name. However, as the learned members suggested, you can keep using the same degree certificate and wherever needed, you may show the notification to clarify the position.

Satyaprakash Sharma (Advocate & Legal Consultant)     23 January 2011

Certificates and degrees which are already issued , cannot have name changed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register