Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avis (Sales Engineers)     20 May 2012

Help me out with international bank loan

Dear all,

i took a personal loan ( by issuing salary certificate) & cerdit cards in Dubai,i have more then 4 -5 cards outstanding its nearly 50,000 -100,000 each  .i lost my job then relocated to india and bank local agents are searching for me ,but i am afraid to handle them.

i check with my friends they said they will come for 6-10 months then they will give up. is it true.
If i get caught what legal action they can file against me in india what is the maximum they can do to recover money .please advice how to escape from this situation.

Learning

6 Replies

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     20 May 2012

Indian banks do not initiate action against borrowers under IPC, they only go for SARFAESI action of OA in DRT/OS in civil court.  We do not know what International banks do.  They may initiate criminal action under section 406 of IPC. 

sri (ceo)     20 May 2012

how they have given loan without security... your employer will be dragged to court and he will drag you to them...

sooner or later face the truth...

delay only adds interest to your outstandings... compounded... especially credit cards...

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     20 May 2012

Be bold to face the realities, own your responsibility to repay the debt raised.Your friends have not given you the right advice.Criminal breach of trust is a serious offence under the Indian Penal Code.Dont  wait till its too late.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     21 May 2012

Do not think that you shall be able to escape. Criminal cases may be filed against you. From plain reading, it can not be accepted by any Court that you will take loan but will not repay & will try to find ways to escape your liabilities. 

Vishwa (translator)     22 May 2012

Presumably, the credit card company will have to file individual cases for each credit card and the cost of proceedings will exceed by far the amount in question and it may not be worth their while to proceed against you.

If your (ex-)employers are harassed, good luck to them and it is no skin off your nose.

In view of their unethical conduct in many countries (for example, the recourse to strong arm debt collectors in India) I feel no sympathy for banks and credit card operators.

On the other hand, you may be blacklisted for a very long time in all your banking operations.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2012

all banks share information of defaulters.  You fate is sealed in raising any loan elsewhere.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register