Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam (Managar)     19 April 2013

Guideline value vs sale value

Hi experts,

I am buying a property in Bangalore east BDA layout  where the govt has fixed a guideline value of Rs.4000 per sqft. The seller is in need of money and is willing to sell the land to me for Rs.3200 per sqft. All verifications are done and papers are clear. Now the sale consideration is only 38,40,0000/- where as the govt value is Rs. 48,00,000/-. So govt value is higher by about 10  lakhs. My advocate suggest that I can mention the actual sale consideration of Rs. 38,40,000 in the sale deed but I need to pay the registration charges for govt value of Rs.48,00,000.

My question is:

1. Will there be any issue if I show 38,40,000 in the sale deed and pay registration charges for 48,00,000/-. I mean from IT dept or any other authorities?

2. Dont you experts think that  the situation in Q1 is a real trouble to the public by the govt? The seller wants less, govt want more!

2. Is there any other option to register the property for the actual value of 38,40,000/- (below govt value) and save the registration charges by 66,000/-?

Awaiting your valuable feedbacks,

Thanks,

Learning

1 Replies

advocate praveen (prop.)     19 April 2013

Dear Sam,

you have to mention original amount as u received in the sales agreement and you have to pay the duty as per the sales agreement.

IT dept. can raise a question about the consideration as u have taken less from the market value.  Apart from this guidline value is a projected value of the project.  So it does not meant that you can sale at par or more than the guidline value.

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register